Hemp oil appears to be effective in treating anxiety. However, research has yet to show that it is a long-term solution that is both safe and effective. Let’s look at how hemp oil can help relieve anxiety – or at least benefit your mental life.
A 2015 study shows that researchers are now looking at using hemp oil to treat neuropsychiatric problems. Hemp oil’s use can help deal with the following:
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
According to the study, researchers have shown that taking hemp oil for acute anxiety can be beneficial.
A 2019 study showed hemp oil helped relax the central nervous system. Seventy-two out of the seventy-two participants in the study reported lower anxiety. In addition, sixty-seven percent reported improved sleep quality after using hemp oil. Only three people had negative reactions to the hemp oil.
How Hemp Oil Can Help Relieve Anxiety
According to the research, it’s possible that it affects serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical in your body that influences your mood, sleep, digestion, and behavior.
Research suggests that increasing serotonin levels may help relieve anxiety. Researchers believe hemp oil may act in the same way as antidepressants and anti-anxiety medicines do by modulating serotonin levels.
3 Major Ways Hemp Oil Affects Mental Symptoms:
- According to the results of a study done in 2011, it helped persons with social anxiety disorder feel less anxious and uncomfortable when speaking in public.
- A 2019 study showed that 91 percent of patients with PTSD reported fewer symptoms after using hemp oil.
- Hemp oil was utilized in a 2019 study to treat persons with anxiety and sleep issues. Nearly 80% of respondents saw an improvement in their anxiety. In addition, nearly 70% saw an improvement in their sleep in the first month. However, the outcomes for sleep changed over time in some subjects.